Friday, July 1, 2011

Minced Clam Dip

DSC_5232
This Clam Dip is a favorite of my hubby and father-in-law. It's a family recipe that is kind of a big deal and that I felt I needed to master to be part of the family. I have learned to love this dip...I say "learned" because at first I was little hesitant about it. Clams? Minced? As a dip? But I've discovered over time that minced clams with cream cheese, garlic, onions scooped up on a big old Ruffle Potato chip is pretty freakin' yummy! It's sorta like a french onion dip with clams. You have to like seafood to like this dip. And it doesn't hurt to be a member of my husband's family either - hubby and dad-in-law like it with lots of garlic and onion. As you can probably imagine, you might want to have some mouth wash handy after this dip!
DSC_5230
Minced Clam Dip
*I always double this recipe because it's gobbled up very quickly!*
Printable Version
Ingredients
1 can (8 ounces) minced clams
1 clove garlic, minced
Half of a white or sweet onion, chopped very fine
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
DSC_5223
Directions
Drain clams, reserving half of the liquid. Rub a large bowl with the garlic. Add the cream cheese and beat with a fork until smooth.
DSC_5226
Add  in the remaining ingredients, including the reserved liquid from the clams. Stir to combine until nice and smooth.
DSC_5227
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with Ruffle Potato Chips, it's really the only way to go! 
DSC_5234

33 comments:

  1. Wonderful party snack! Sophisticated and yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family grew up on clam dip! It’s a pretty big deal for all occasions, snow, hurricanes, we make up excuses. Some of us like our own bowls so we don’t have to share. As the recipe is passed down everyone makes there little changes. Sooooo gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can this be baked & served hot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been eating this my whole life and I am 58. The only thing I don’t put in it is onions. And guess what? I don’t even like seafood. Definitely use Ruffles , it’s the only way to go. Also double the batch because it goes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? No sour cream? No hot sauce? For shame.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails