Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hot Chicken Salad

DSC_0965
I made this hot chicken salad last week when I wanted a taste of home. This is one of my Mom's recipes that I ate growing up. I'd never tried making it myself but knew that hubby would enjoy it - mostly because it's topped with crushed potato chips! It's a simple and filling casserole that has a nice balance of texture and flavors. 
DSC_0959
DSC_0950
Hot Chicken Salad
From My Momma
Printable Version
Ingredients
2 cups (2 whole chicken breasts) cooked chicken, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup grated onion
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup crushed potato chips
DSC_0955
Directions
Mix everything together in a large bowl except for the almonds and chips. Spread in a 9 inch baking pan and top with chips and almonds. 
DSC_0963
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. 
DSC_0971

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails