Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Wreath

DSC_1622
While my family was visiting us in March I made this incredibly yummy and easy breakfast wreath. Everyone loved it! It takes about 40 minutes because you fully cook the bacon first, so plan ahead when you're making it. This breakfast is just begging for variations - you could add in veggies, switch it up with sausage instead of bacon, or even top it with salsa and sour cream for a southwest flare. 
DSC_1632
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Wreath 
From Bacon Time
Printable Version
Ingredients
1 can crescents, 8 count
5 large eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 slices fully cooked bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
DSC_1605
Directions
Cook your bacon. (I bake my bacon using a method I found from Men's Health. The bacon comes out crispy but not too greasy!) 
DSC_1607
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Scramble eggs on the stovetop and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out crescents on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet as shown below. 
DSC_1612
Add your cooked bacon. Layer on about 1/3 of the cheese. Add the scrambled eggs, then the remainder of the cheese. 
DSC_1615
Fold crescents over (you may have to fold the bacon again to make sure it fits).
DSC_1621
Bake for 17 minutes, or until crescents are golden brown. 
DSC_1635

3 comments:

  1. that is such a cool way to serve it, looks fancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting way to serve this. I am new to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you put this up. Made it this morning and it was DELICIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails