Friday, April 20, 2012

Marbled Nutella Banana Bread

DSC_1679
A friend who knows how much I love Nutella sent me a link to Nutella Banana bread. Not this recipe but a similar one, and since she did I didn't stop thinking about baking a loaf myself until I actually set about doing it. 
DSC_1654
I like this marbled version because it just looks so pretty. It came out moist with a great balance between banana and Nutella. And bananas and Nutella are just made to go together!
DSC_1676
Marbled Nutella Banana Bread
From Sugar Plum
Printable Version
Ingredients
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups ripe bananas (3 bananas)
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Nutella
DSC_1653
Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large mixing bowl, using a a mixer on medium speed (I used my KitchenAid mixer on medium) beat together banana, butter, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy and combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs until well combined. Reduce mixer to low speed and beat in flour mixture until just combined. Divide 1/2 of the batter in to a medium bowl; stir in Nutella until combined.
DSC_1657
Alternate spoonfuls of batter into the loaf pan until all of the batter is used up. Swirl batter gently with a knife - not too much!
DSC_1667
Bake 1 hour or until well risen and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 
DSC_1673

7 comments:

  1. I love love banana chocolate combo :) I keep seeing similar recipes, I'm so tempted to try my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm yum!!! I thought my favorite combo was banana and peanut butter but I think this might top it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a major Nutella kick too lately! This looks sinfulllll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it out. After all, if it's Nutella, it's for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure when to put the eggs in because it didn't mention in the recipe instructions, so I added it in along with the banana, butter, sugar, and vanilla ;) It did turn out nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails