Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Low Fat Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing



Just a few days after I made Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing I saw this recipe for Lowfat Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing on Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes. I am 100 percent hooked on homemade dressing! Store bought dressing just does not measure up.

I used the Blue Cheese Dressing to cool off Buffalo Chicken that I served with cruidtes. The dressing was excellent and you would never know it's low fat - actually mine not be since I used full fat mayo. Oops! :) I doubled this recipe so we would have extra for dipping veggies into later on. After it sat for a day or two it was even better, too!

Lowfat Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
From Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Ingredients

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
6 ounces fat free yogurt
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I just used regular vinegar)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions

In a small bowl mash blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. Stir in mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 1 cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails