Friday, July 1, 2011

Minced Clam Dip

DSC_5232
This Clam Dip is a favorite of my hubby and father-in-law. It's a family recipe that is kind of a big deal and that I felt I needed to master to be part of the family. I have learned to love this dip...I say "learned" because at first I was little hesitant about it. Clams? Minced? As a dip? But I've discovered over time that minced clams with cream cheese, garlic, onions scooped up on a big old Ruffle Potato chip is pretty freakin' yummy! It's sorta like a french onion dip with clams. You have to like seafood to like this dip. And it doesn't hurt to be a member of my husband's family either - hubby and dad-in-law like it with lots of garlic and onion. As you can probably imagine, you might want to have some mouth wash handy after this dip!
DSC_5230
Minced Clam Dip
*I always double this recipe because it's gobbled up very quickly!*
Printable Version
Ingredients
1 can (8 ounces) minced clams
1 clove garlic, minced
Half of a white or sweet onion, chopped very fine
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
DSC_5223
Directions
Drain clams, reserving half of the liquid. Rub a large bowl with the garlic. Add the cream cheese and beat with a fork until smooth.
DSC_5226
Add  in the remaining ingredients, including the reserved liquid from the clams. Stir to combine until nice and smooth.
DSC_5227
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with Ruffle Potato Chips, it's really the only way to go! 
DSC_5234

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful party snack! Sophisticated and yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails