Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal

DSC_0087
The cooking blog world is being inundated with pumpkin recipes right now, so I thought I'd add one more. If you're feeling fall-ish and want a little pumpkin in your life try this clean eating pumpkin oatmeal. 
DSC_0069
I'm going to save you the disappointment I experienced and come right out with the truth: this does not taste like pumpkin pie.  It tastes likes pumpkin oatmeal, thus I changed the title to reflect this. It is however very pumpkiny and filling and healthy. It's also a beautiful orange color and will help you get into the fall spirit. 
DSC_0067
Pumpkin Oatmeal
Serves 1
From The Gracious Pantry
Printable Version
Ingredients
1/4 cup dry oats, cooked (I used steel cut oats)
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (I created my own with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger)
DSC_0072
1 tablespoon flax seeds (I used ground)
1/4 cup pecans
Maple syrup to taste
DSC_0073
Directions
Cook oats according to package directions. In the last five minutes of cooking stir in the pumpkin puree, flax, and pumpkin spice.
DSC_0082
Scoop mixture into a serving bowl and top with pecans and maple syrup. 
DSC_0085

2 comments:

  1. Haven;t seen thsione before.Good choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at a baby food recipe for pumpkin oatmeal that I am dying to try for zach. But this sounds great for mommy to enjoy breakfast with him with!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails