Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cowboy Caviar

DSC_0065
My dear friend Beth brought this yummy chunky dip to a going away party we had before moving to Okinawa. I loved the fresh flavors and the mix of black eyed peas, avocado, corn, cilantro, and green onions.
DSC_0059
About two months after first trying Beth's, I made it for our neighborhood Labor Day picnic because it's a perfect side dish for large gatherings. Even better, it takes less than ten minutes to make!
DSC_0051
Cowboy Caviar
From Beth - thanks sweet friend!
Printable Version
2 cans of black-eyed peas, washed and drained
1 can white corn, drained
2/3 cup green onions, chopped
2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
2 avocados, chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Mix black-eyed peas, corn, green onions, cilantro, and avocado in a large bowl. 
DSC_0054
Whisk together red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 
DSC_0058
Pour on the olive oil/vinegar combination. Allow to marinate about ten minutes before serving with tortilla chips. 
DSC_0062

2 comments:

  1. I've had cowboy caviar before but never with avocado!! What a great addition...I love avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also make this but black beans instead of black eyed peas, and I add tomatoes. Why haven't I made this all summer?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails