Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes































I love using fresh herbs. They really amp up the flavors in a meal. Fresh rosemary brings this recipe to life. I'm proud to say this is an Ashley Original!


My husband and watch the show "Top Chef" religiously, so while eating this meal together I asked him what he thought Tom Colicchio and Padma Lakshmi would say if they judged my dish. He said something along the lines of, "The ingredients are simple but this dish is what cooking should be, fresh, flavorful, and from the heart." What a guy I have, huh?? :)


Ashley's Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes


Ingredients:


10 or so red skinned potatoes, washed and chopped into bite size pieces
Chicken of your choosing - I used five chicken legs, with the skin on...but you could use chicken breasts, thighs, or even a whole chicken!
Olive oil
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary - chopped
5 cloves of garlic - chopped
2 tables spoons of lemon juice or a fresh lemon
1/2 tablespoon of oregano
Salt and Pepper


Directions:


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over the top, enough to coat the potatoes.
Add in half of the rosemary, garlic, oregano, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste - don't be shy on the salt!! Salt those babies up!!
Toss with your hands to coat the potatoes and place in a large pan.


Place the chicken in the bowl and coat with olive oil, and the remainder of the rosemary, garlic, oregano, 1 more tablespoon of lemon juice and rub with salt and pepper. Place in pan with the potatoes.






























Cook for about 1 1/2 hours (depending on how crispy you want your food), turning the chicken and stirring the potatoes half way through.


I served these with Green Beans Almondine...delicious!


Although I'm not quite sure I'm ready for Top Chef (okay, I'm ABSOLUTELY not ready) I will definitely be making this flavorful, easy recipe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails