Saturday, May 21, 2011

Layered Greek Dip

DSC_4815
I love when people share a new recipe with me and when Aunt Becky shares a recipe with me I know it's going to be good - she gave me the recipe for Pasta Florentine, which is an absolute favorite of mine. So when she told me she had a recipe for a Layered Greek Dip I needed to try, I was very excited. This dip is just bursting with yummy greek flavors: hummus, feta, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers. It makes a huge batch, perfect for parties or get togethers. Thanks Aunt Becky for another great recipe!
DSC_4803
Layered Greek Dip
Makes about 2 1/2 cups (16 servings)
Printable Version


Ingredients
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups prepared original hummus
1 cup chopped cucumbers
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes - get rid of extra juice
1/2 cup chopped, pitted Kalamata olives
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup sliced green onions
Pita chips or multi-grain tortilla chips
DSC_4813
Directions
In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
DSC_4805
Spread the cream cheese mixture into a deep 9 inch pie pan or shallow serving dish. Evenly spread the hummus  on top of the cream cheese. 
DSC_4808
Top the hummus with the remaining ingredients, in order. Cover and refrigerate for 2 - 24 hours. Serve with pita chips or multi-grain tortilla chips.
DSC_4817 2

6 comments:

  1. Great idea, my family would gobble this one up

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made this last night for a cookout...was gone in a matter of minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a dip like this for a New Year's party. This will be perfect! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added a layer of tatziki sauce to it. This was a hit! Delicious! (Since I made it ahead, I drained both the cucumbers and tomatoes so it wouldn't get watery.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found this last week and made it this weekend it was awesome and gone within minutes. Will be mak6this again real soon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails