Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese


DSC_0323
I'm not sure if it's because on Okinawa we don't have fall weather (temps are in the 80s everyday) and I'm feeling a little homesick, or if it's because of the nostalgia that pumpkin pie flavors create, but I'm really enjoying making things with pumpkin this year. I saw a version of pumpkin cream cheese on Pinterest and thought, "I can do that!" so I set about making my own version. I used pumpkin pie filling but you could use pureed pumpkin too. I thought that it tastes like pumpkin cheesecake! Spread over english muffins or cinnamon raisin bagels, this pumpkin pie cream cheese is the perfect fall flavored breakfast!

DSC_0275
Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese
Four servings
Ingredients
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or use a combination or cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves that equal 1/2 teaspoon)
Dash of salt
DSC_0278
Directions
Combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy. 
DSC_0281
Serve on toasted bagel or English muffin. 
DSC_0326

3 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have pumpkin mix ready.Looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm officially in love with the recipe..It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome! I love pumpkin and I love cream cheese... yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails