Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms

DSC_0768
When I bought a package of Dove Chocolate Heart candies I intended to give them to my hubby for him to put in his candy jar in his office. But then I saw a better use for them - as Valentine's Day Cookies. Aren't they so much cuter than the traditional Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Blossoms? Make a batch for your Valentine! 
DSC_0758
Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms
From Sweet Saturday
Printable Version
Ingredients 
Heart Shaped Chocolates (I used Dove Milk Chocolate) 
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter 
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
4 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar in a small bowl 
DSC_0753
Directions
Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl. Add both sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well. Stir together flour baking soda and salt; gradually beat into mixture. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar before placing on ungreased cooking sheet. 
DSC_0764
Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate heart in the center of each cookie. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. *Note you may want to place them in the freezer because I had a batch melt completely!*
DSC_0766

4 comments:

  1. I need these...I mean I need these in my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better way to say I love you than with chocolate and peanut butter?! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously wish I was eating a few of these right now!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails