Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crunchy Almond Honey Dijon Chicken Tenders

About a month ago I joined Tasty Kitchen a website where lots of cooking bloggers (and non bloggers too!) share recipes. It's become one of my most visited sights. There are hundreds of recipes on there and I want to try just about all of them! One that I have already tried are these yummy Crunchy Almond Honey Dijon Chicken Tenders from Ashley. I took one look at the photo and recipe and made these without delay. I love honey mustard so that in itself sold me on this recipe, but the crunch of the almonds and the fact that these little guys are coated in parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs made them irresistible. So irresistible in fact, that I doubled the recipe and it's a good thing because my husband could not stop eating them!! 
Ingredients


4 whole skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1 cup roasted almonds, chopped (I used slivered almonds)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons of honey
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive oil, to coat pan and drizzle on chicken
Directions
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place a large sheet pan in to heat up. Meanwhile mix the bread crumbs, almonds, cheese, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish mix the mustard and honey. Cut the chicken breasts into strips. Dredge the chicken strips in the honey-mustard and then generously coat them in the almond mixture.
Place them on a separate plate until they are all done. 
When they're ready for the oven, grab your now hot pan and drizzle it with olive oil. Put all the chicken on the pan and drizzle the chicken with a little more oil. Cook until done, about 20 minutes, flipping them once half way through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails