Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rice Krispies Cookies

This is another recipe from my Aunt Marlene. I have loved these cookies since I was a little girl. If you like sugar cookies, these are a fun twist because of the crunchy Rice Krispies and sugary coating. They are quick and easy and make a big batch - about 36 cookies if you don't eat a bunch of the dough like I did!

Rice Krispies Cookies
Special thanks to Aunt Marlene
Ingredients
1 cup margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions
Cream together margarine and sugar. Add vanilla. Add dry ingredients, add rice krispie cereal last. Roll into balls, and roll lightly in sugar. Place on cookie sheets and pat down with your palm.
 Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees until golden on the edges. 

2 comments:

  1. We may have to try these.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used butter instead of margarine. My cookies are very flat and greasy and resemble lacy cornbread. The taste is fair. I'm not sure if the butter made the difference.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails