Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Low Carb Pancakes

DSC_0416
On the weekends when hubby is around in the mornings I love to wake up and make a big breakfast for us both to enjoy. Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods but hubby isn't a big fan because he says they have too many carbs. I found this recipe for low carb pancakes on Healthy and Homemade and knew that I could entice the hubs into eating them but first I had to find coconut flour. Thankfully my store carried it, so I was good to go!
DSC_0415
I modified the recipe a little bit, using whole eggs and adding in pecans for a little protein and crunch. They were delicious! Hubby gave them two thumbs up! Next time I think I will serve fruit on top. These pancakes are a great, healthy way to start your day.
DSC_0406
Low Carb Pancakes 
From Healthy and Homemade
Printable Version
Makes 8 pancakes
Ingredients 
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (I used the 1/3 less fat version)
4 eggs
6 tablespoons Flax meal
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup pecans
DSC_0410
Directions
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk to combine. Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to drop your pancakes onto the skillet. Flip when golden brown on one side. 
DSC_0411
Serve with butter and syrup. These are also great when refrigerated or frozen! :)
DSC_0421

2 comments:

  1. Ashley - these look DIVINE! I am working my way into going no sugar/carb and have seen using coconut flower but haven't seen them look so scrumtpious! Pinning it now ;) Thank you for giving me hope, lol! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you're so sweet, glad you enjoyed them. They look so yummy! I'm always trying out the recipe in new ways, adding pumpkin pie spice or chocolate chips, blueberries, etc =D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails