Saturday, September 22, 2012

Egg Muffins

I found these little gems on Pinterest (and Kalyn's Kitchen) a while back and decided to make them for our friends who just had a baby so that they could have a quick, healthy breakfast on hand. I love that these are carb free "muffins" as they only contain eggs, cheese, and whatever veggies you like. They keep in the fridge for a week and can even be frozen! My husband ate them as a snack after work one day and all of the sudden mine were gone. These would be great to serve at a brunch or if you are having a crowd for breakfast because they are quick and a different spin on breakfast!
Egg Muffins
From Kalyn's Kitchen
Printable Version
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients
15 eggs for silicone muffin tins, for metal use 12
1/2 cup milk or half and half
Whatever seasoning you like in your eggs (I always use seasoning salt, garlic salt, ground mustard and pepper)
1 cup grated low fat cheese
3 green onions, diced (optional)
Chopped veggies (I used red pepper but suggest broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes)
Optional: diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked turkey sausage
Directions
Preheat oven to 374. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In the bottom of each muffin tin layer diced meat (if using), cheese, and green onions. In a large bowl break the eggs and add in milk and seasoning. Whisk to combine. Pour eggs into the muffin tin until it is 3/4 full. Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set. 

Muffins will keep for a week in the refrigerator. Can be frozen but for best results than in the refrigerator first, then reheat for 2 minutes in the microwave. 


3 comments:

  1. Perfect!! I recently found out I have gestational diabetes so I will definitely be making these for breakfast this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I just made them again last week. I love trying different combinations of veggies (and sometimes meat). I did a southwest one with black beans and green chiles that I just loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use the cupcake tins or muffin tins?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails