Saturday, March 27, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies



When I came across this recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies on one of my newly found favorite cooking blogs, Beantown Baker I immediately knew I had to try it, since Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookies. I am not sure what I did wrong but the original recipe says to bake the dough in a 9 X 13 pan and when I tried spreading it out, it was very thin so I changed to a 8 X 8 brownie pan. I added about 15 minutes on the to cooking time and the results were super thick and mildly doughy bars but I actually like the fact that they were a teeny bit undercooked. They have the crunchy cinnamon/sugar top of a snickerdoodle but the texture is more like a brownie. Soooooo good!

Snickerdoodle Blondies
From Beantown Baker (who got the recipe here)

Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 inch pan (or in my case a  8 X 8).
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in a prepared pan. Note: Mixture will be somewhat like cookie batter and you may want to wet your hands to spread the batter into the pan.
Combine the white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm cut into bars with sharp knife. 



1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked these! That reminds me I need to make them again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails