Monday, July 26, 2010

Tangy BBQ Meatballs

I always have ground turkey in my freezer or fridge and keep an eye out for new ways to use it. I came across this recipe from Momma Hen on Tasty Kitchen and just the name "Tangy" in the title sold me. These meatballs are extremely easy and perfect for a night you just want a quick dinner. They are savory and filling. I served them over brown rice, but they would be great on their own or even as an appetizer. 


Tangy BBQ Meatballs
Thanks to Momma Hens Kitchen


Printable Version
Ingredients 


For the meatballs:
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil (I used fresh)
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
For the sauce:
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sugar
Directions


For the meatballs:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, black pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic and mix well. Form into golf-ball sized meatballs and place on a greased baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
For the sauce:
Mix all sauce ingredients well in s small bowl. Place meatballs and sauce in a saucepan over medium low heat. Mix well and keep warm until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. I tried these tonight and it reminded me of an SNL skit with Alec Baldwin! Terpstra's Tasty Balls! Sorry...I couldn't help it.

    On the serious side, these were great. Next time I will make them a little smaller than golf balls and use them as an appetizer.

    I also think the actual meatball would substitute very nicely for a mini meatball sandwich with marinara, potato rolls and provolone. The Pioneer Woman has a great recipe:

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/16-minute-meal-3-mini-meatball-sandwiches/

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails