Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three Bean Salad

Here's another family recipe that could be found in my Gram Walters fridge most of the time. I like Gram's version more than the standard oily three bean salad from the deli because it's a little sweeter and incorporates green pepper. I added chick peas because I really like them, but you can add or subtract any beans you want. This salad gets better the longer it gets to marinate. I like to use fresh beans if possible but I couldn't find fresh yellow beans this early in the summer.


Three Bean Salad
Printable Version
Ingredients
1 can of green beans (drained) or 12 ounces of fresh green beans
1 can of yellow beans (drained) or 12 ounces of fresh yellow beans
1 can red kidney beans (drained)
1 can of chick peas (drained)
1 green pepper, cut into long strips
1 sweet onion, cut into strips about the same size as the green pepper
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Directions
Place beans, green pepper, and onion in a bowl. 
Blend sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil and pour over veggies. Let stand overnight. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this dish when you made it for girls weekend. It was very refreshing! I'm going to pair it with steak this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I love chick peas also, and it looks like a great addition to this dish. I will definitely make this sometime this summer! Like the new layout!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails