Friday, November 12, 2010

Oven Roasted Tomato & Garlic Dip

Butter Yum knows her tomatoes! I made her Killer Marinated Tomatoes this summer and they were out of this world so when I saw her post "Oven Roasted Tomato Dip-Sauce-Spread Stuff" I just HAD to try it. I am so glad I did! It's super simple to make (although it's hard to wait for the tomatoes and garlic to roast because they smell amazing as they do) and it's very versatile. Butter Yum lists the ways this creamy veggie goodness can be used and I added the last one myself:
1 Dip for veggies and crackers
2 Spread for sandwiches 
3 Sauce for chicken or pasta (or shrimp!)
4 Accompany your favorite cooked eggs
5 Eat it right from the bowl


I made this the same night we had  Grilled Shrimp with White Truffle Oil, so of course I drizzled some of this delectableness on the shrimp. Heavenly! I also loved dipping celery and Wheat Thins into it. I think I am going to make this for my next party because I know people are going to go nuts over it. Try it for an upcoming Holiday get together!
Oven Roasted Tomato and Garlic Dip
From Butter Yum
Printable Version


Ingredients
6 Roma Tomatoes, quartered
3 cloves of garlic, whole and unpeeled
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/4 teaspoons Kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Chives, scallions, or parsley for Garnish
Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes and whole, skin on garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. 
Remove paper skin from garlic cloves. Place tomatoes, peeled garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper into the work bowl of a food processor fitted with metal chopping blade. Process until smooth. 
Garnish with chives, scallions, or parsley and serve at room temperature with fresh veggies, crackers, or pitas. Can be made ahead 2 days or refrigerated for 2 days. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails