Monday, November 1, 2010

It's My Blogiversary!

Exactly one year ago today I started this blog. I have had an absolute blast sharing recipes with you, cooking new things, and discovering the delicious world that is food blogging. I want to thank all of you who have commented on my blog, tell me that you read my blog, have tried a recipe that I've posted, or stop by to check out my blog every once in a while. I appreciate you so much! You are the reason I keep plugging away at this pastime of mine.


In my first year of blogging, I have posted almost 150 recipes! I selected 10 of my favorite recipes to recount by looking over all of the recipes I've posted and thinking to myself, "If I could only eat ten of these things again, which ten things would I pick?" Here they are in no particular order because they are all sooooo good it's just too hard to rank them.


BBQ Short Ribs


Rosemary Rolls


Spanish Flan


Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars


Aunt Becky's Pasta Florentine


Cornish Game Hens


Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce


Gram's Coleslaw


Aunt Chris' Pineapple Cheeseball


Scalloped Corn


To celebrate my one year blogiversary I am going to give away a $25 gift card to Williams Sonoma, which in my humble opinion is the premier place to buy new things for your kitchen. My hubby and I registered for our wedding at WS and I was very very sad when all our gift cards ran out. So I decided that I will treat myself to something new at Williams Somona to celebrate one year of food blogging -- I mean I have been slaving away in the kitchen for over a year now -- don't you think I deserve something new and beautiful?? I also want to give one of my lovely readers a little gift to say thank you and to help me celebrate!


Here are the rules to enter:
Browse my blog and leave a comment tell me which recipe you would most like to try and why! You will receive an second entry if you are a follower of my blog or become a follower -- be sure to leave a second comment. For another entry post this giveaway on your blog or on Facebook and leave a comment so I know.


This giveaway will end on midnight Wednesday, November 3rd. Thanks helping me celebrate and good luck winning!

22 comments:

  1. i keep meaning to try the flan, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ashley! I believe I want to try your Chocolate Chip Granola Bars soon. - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try the cobb quacamole just because I love guac! I keep forgetting about it though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shrimp Ceviche, your grandma's cole slaw, crab asparagus supreme, or picked beets! Guess I better get cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 1st year, 150 recipes is a ton of great food. I look forward to your 2nd year of blogging!

    Enter me please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many great one but I love caramel and bread pudding so the Single Serve Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce is my favorite.
    msgb245 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I have a rule about sea food, your recipe for creamy cheesy bowtie tuna pasta has me wanting to give it a whirl! I bought all the stuff for it, just have to try it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogiversary!
    That Spanish Flan looks really yummy, I'd love to try that.
    I'm a follower. Not sure if Canadians can enter your contest but it so I'd like to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to try to make the rosemary rolls. Mmmm, I love love love rolls and those just look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Ashley! I wish I could cook up half the stuff on your blog, but I've barely been in the kitchen since I started school. I'm looking forward to Christmas break when I'll have to try some of your party dishes. High on my to-try list is your salad from no frills grill. The avocado calls my name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That so awesome, Ashley! Happy blogiversary! I can't wait to check out some of these delicious recipes - They all sound so good. Thanks for sharing! Now go have a slice of birthday cake... For your blog, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogiversary! Of course you can blog the recipe! I am so happy that you guys enjoyed it. Those Rosemary Rolls look delicious! It is my favorite spice for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so proud of you and your amazing blog! Of course I am a follower and am dying to make those rosemary rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to try to make the short ribs. They were my favorite when we came to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are on my facebook

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails