Monday, August 9, 2010

Spanish Flan with Blueberries

Oh, Spanish Flan, where have you been all my life?? Oh my goodness, ya'll! This Spanish Flan very well may be the smartest thing I've ever made. I use the word smartest because the idea to make flan just popped in my head one evening when I was in the mood for something sweet. Since I am not much of a chocolate girl, I love desserts that are creamy, sweet, and satisfying so flan is right up my alley. I was so excited when I found this recipe for Spanish Flan on allrecipes.com because it only required a few ingredients and very few steps too. A delicious, easy, and beautiful dessert, topped with yummy fresh blueberries - yes please! I threw in blueberries whole blueberries but if I were to do it again I would probably puree the blueberries first and mix it in. That would probably turn the flan a gorgeous purple-blueish color and give it more of a blueberry flavor throughout. I am an official flan fan now, so look for more variations of flan on the blog to come in the future. 
Spanish Flan 
From allrecipes.com


Printable Version


Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can of evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Directions
Preheat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color. Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottoms and sides. Set aside. 
In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla until smooth. 


Pour egg mixture into baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Place baking dish in a water bath of at least 1 inch and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely. 
To serve when completely cool, carefully insert a knife all the way around the dish and turn over on a serving plate. 

1 comment:

  1. Fancy schmancy! And me with a can of condensed milk in the cupboard! I'm with you on fruity, creamy desserts over chocolate. I hate when you order a cream or fruit dessert at a restaurant and they put chocolate sauce on it. If I wanted the chocolate dessert, I would have ordered it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails