Thursday, August 5, 2010

Asian Noodle Salad

This is Pioneer Woman's "Most Favorite Salad Ever, Ever, Ever, Ever!" Just the pictures of this amazingly beautiful and incredibly colorful salad had me hooked - there are so many veggies in it that I cannot remember them all unless I look at the ingredient list. I love the addition of the cold noodles, it makes the salad more hearty. My favorite part was probably the toasted cashews. I played hunt for the cashews with every bite I took.
I wasn't sure my meat loving husband would be a fan of this uber healthy, chocked full of veggies salad, but he was! The dressing was his favorite part, he kept asking for just a little bit more. It is an extremely wonderful dressing - soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, etc. YUM YUM YUM! This salad is so big I couldn't fit it all in my lovely red salad/pasta bowl. There are so many servings in this you will be eating it for days, so make it when you are either trying to fill you veggie quota for several days or for a healthy addition to a potluck or luncheon.

Pioneer Woman's Asian Noodle Salad
From PW

Printable Version
Ingredients
(get ready, it's loooong)

For the salad:
1 package of linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed, and cooled
1/2 head sliced Napa Cabbage, or more to taste
1/2 head sliced purple cabbage, or more to taste
1/2 bag baby spinach, or more to taste (I used an entire package)
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin (didn't use this - that's a LOT of bell peppers!!)
1 bag bean sprouts (also called Mung Bean Sprouts)
Chopped Cilantro, up to 1 bunch, or to taste
3 green onions, sliced
3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced (only used 2)
1 can (10 ounces) of cashews, lightly toasted in a skillet (watch these, you gotta keep them moving!)
For the dressing:
1 whole lime, juiced
8 tablespoons of olive oil
8 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons (up to 3) of sesame oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 whole hot peppers or jalapenos, chopped (I omitted, scared of these!)
Chopped cilantro
Directions
Mix salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on a platter. Note: Dressing keeps for up to three days.

5 comments:

  1. I have had this salad as one of PW's recipes I wanted to try since she posted it... I haven't gotten around to it yet because I wasn't Bill would go for it without meat. Looks like he might actually like it - so I will have to give it a go sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always meant to try that one too! Maybe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Ashley. I often surprise myself on nights when I don't come home with a recipe in mind and I manage to make something delicious out of whatever's in the house. I knew this blog business was good for something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMMM.....looks so good! I have been meaning to try this one too. I am thinking you could add in some chunks of rotesserie chicken to add a protein. It somehow doesn't look as daunting now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been dying to make this salad Ashley! You did a gorgeous gorgeous job of it! And how exciting that your "meat loving" hubby enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails