Wednesday, February 9, 2011

White Mushroom Pizza

DSC_4380
My husband is a pizza freak. Before we were married it was the main food group in his diet - yes food group. The man would eat it every day if he could - that and hot dogs. Needless to say, hubby is not the healthiest eater. On Friday nights when we are debating where we should order dinner from, he always throws in a "pizza?" and every once in a while, I let him get his way. I'm such a sweet wife, I know! :) The problem with the two of us ordering pizza is that we are complete polar opposites on pizza toppings. He loves pepperoni, the more the better. I love my pizzas sans meat with tons of veggies and pineapple. The one compromise for our pizzas is mushrooms because we both love mushrooms, especially a variety of mushrooms.
DSC_4375
So during the month of January when we were eating vegetarian at home, I made a white mushroom pizza, using white truffle oil instead of pizza sauce and of course lots and lots of cheese. I went crazy and put a little goat cheese on the pizza, but do not recommend it. Hubby picked it off!! Oops, lesson learned. Despite the goat cheese mistake, this was super yummy. Even my pepperoni loving hubby admitted it was pretty good.
DSC_4355
White Mushroom Pizza
An Ashley Original
Printable Version


Ingredients
Pizza crust (I was lazy this time and used store bought crust)
Variety of mushrooms, washed and sliced (I used button, cremini, and baby bellas)
1 white onion, sliced
Olive oil
White Truffle Oil
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
Italian cheese mix, shredded
Fresh parsley, chopped


Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium. Saute sliced mushrooms and onions until softened, about seven minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
DSC_4357
Brush pizza crust with white truffle oil. Place mushrooms and onions on crust and cover with cheese.
DSC_4369
Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with parsley.
DSC_4373

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails