Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Veggie Pizza

This veggie pizza recipe is a family favorite. My Grandma Hutch used to make it as well as my Mom. I love the flavor combinations in this easy appetizer - a flaky crust with a creamy base topped with fresh chopped veggies. I made it for the first time myself in December when I got together with some of my best girlfriends. It makes a nice big batch and is perfect for any get together.
Veggie Pizza
Recipe from my Mom 
Printable Version
Ingredients
2 rolls of crescent rolls
1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dill (we didn't have this, boo)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Fresh chopped veggies of your choice to equal about 3/4 cup total (I use broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, black olives, red and green peppers) 
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese 

Directions

Pat crescent rolls flat into a jelly roll pan. Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes. Allow to cool.

Meanwhile mix together the softened cream cheese, mayo and spices. 
Spread evenly onto cooled crust and sprinkle on chopped veggies. Top with shredded cheese. Refrigerate for at least two hours or until ready to serve. 

1 comment:

  1. I make a similar one, I had forgotten about it though... I'll have to make it again soon. It looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails