Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Top 11 of 2011 and Baby News! :)

Before we ring in the New Year I want to take the time to highlight and revisit my 11 favorite recipes of 2011. In 2011 I shared 129 recipes with you (down 26 from 2010). It was fun looking back at everything I created in 2011, a crazy year in which hubby and I moved with the military from Virginia to Okinawa, Japan. I am looking forward to 2012 when not only will we spend our first full year in Okinawa, but we will welcome our first child in June! I am thinking that among my cooking goals in 2012, one will be learning to make baby food! :)
DSC_0023
Here are my favorite recipes from 2011 in no particular order:
Blueberry Pie
blueberry pie


Mozzarella, Tomato, and Avocado Salad
mozzerella avocado and tomato salad


Carolina Pulled Pork Barbecue 
carolina pulled pork bbq


Homemade Marshmallows
homemade marshmallows


BLT Pizza
blt pizza


Oreo Cupcakes
oreo cupcakes


Edamame Hummus
5906720238_c5610a00c6


Southwestern Quinoa Salad
southwestern quinoa salad


Creamed Green Beans, Red Potatoes, and Sausage
green beans and sausage


Berry Puff Pancake
berry puff pancake


Southwest Turkey Burgers with Avocado Sauce
5513114131_89371b5a3c
Did you notice that every other recipe includes avocado? What can I say, I have an avocado addiction!!
See you in the kitchen in 2012!



















10 comments:

  1. There are some tasty links here-thanks for pulling these together. I like the SW turkey burgers the best-yum!
    Also many congrats on your pregnancy-I can tell you are excited about bringing that little one into the world! Hope you are enjoying all the wonderful things that Okinawa has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...CONGRATULATIONS Mama! So, so, SOOOO very exciting! How are you feeling?
    On another note, GREAT round-up of your delicious dishes!
    Wishing you a New Year filled with MUCH love, health, and happiness - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww congratulations Ashley, that's very exciting news! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list! And my new favorite dish is one of them! Plus, I was psyched to see the cupcakes you made for my birthday/wine fest up there too. I'm excited to try the rest on this list. Can we be neighbors again... pleaseeeee????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the baby!! How exciting! And I'm totally okay with every other recipe containing avocados....love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the baby news! This next year is going to be an exciting one for you. And I want a piece of that BLT pizza right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again! I still haven't made those marshmallows.. I can't believe it. I need to make them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! Looks like this is going to be your best year, ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I loved discovering your blog this year and reading of your adventures :) Good luck in the coming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your kind word of congratulations! 2012 is going to be a GREAT year! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails