Friday, April 15, 2011

Caprese Pizza

DSC_4595
This past weekend hubby and I were in Washington D.C. visiting family. We went out for drinks and appetizers and had the most scrumptious caprese flatbread. Since caprese salad is one of my most favorite dishes, I couldn't get it out of my head, the melty mozzarella cheese, the juicy tomatoes, the tang from the balsamic vinaigrette. I just had to make my own version of it at home this week. I decided to go with a pizza, using 5 Minute Pizza Dough. Instead of using fresh basil, I used frozen chopped basil that I got a Trader Joe's because this way I could sprinkle the basil all over the pizza. Chopped fresh basil would be wonderful on this pizza as well. Hubby and I loved how this turned out and will definitely be adding this easy, delicious pizza to our meal rotation. 
DSC_4584
Caprese Pizza
An Ashley's Cooking Adventures Original
Printable Version


Ingredients
Pizza dough of your choice
7 small fresh vine ripened tomatoes 
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and lay on a paper towel for 5 minutes to reduce some of the juice. 
DSC_4585
Roll out the pizza dough and place on pan. Place tomatoes and mozzarella on the dough. Layer on the basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
DSC_4588
Bake in the oven for about 14 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and slightly golden brown on the edges. Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.
DSC_4599

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm caprese pizza is one of my favorites! The salad too. This looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific Ashley! I love making these pizzas when my garden is full of tomatoes...which will be pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails