Monday, February 15, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I came across this recipe for The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies on one of my favorite cooking blogs, Good Things Catered. My friend and neighbor Andrea came over and helped me make these cookies to take my hubby at work. I did not follow this recipe to a "T"...I must admit that I did not read carefully and didn't cream the butter and sugar separately. I mixed all the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, etc. Thankfully the cookies still turned out delicious! They were soft, moist, and buttery. I doubled the recipe and made about 6 dozen cookies, which were all gone by the time my husband's shift was over!

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Good Things Catered

Ingredients:
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted & cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus another yolk
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (we used the minis)

Directions:
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and heat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
With an electric mixer, or by hand, mix butters & sugars until throughly combined.
Add dry ingredients & beat at low speed until combined Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway though baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are soft & puffy (about 17 minutes).
Cook cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking and place on wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails