Wednesday, February 3, 2010

30 Things to Make Before I Turn 30

I am borrowing this idea from one of my favorite food bloggers, Kelsey at Apple A Day. Kelsey recently turned thirty and made a list of thirty things she wants to make to celebrate being thirty. How cool is that? Since I will be 30 in a little over a year I decided to make my own list. I do not know where life will take the husband and I by the time I am 30. We are hoping the Navy will send us to Japan (where I can take authentic sushi making classes!!!), hence, my list! These thirty things are recipes I've either always wanted to make or think are very challenging. My husband told me that I have an adventurous spirit in the kitchen so I've decided to prove him right. I want to attempt some recipes that right now seem out of my league. Please share with me your suggestions, ideas, favorite recipes, or dishes that were triumphs for you. I have ten items left blank on my list and would love your input! I'll keep you updated on the progress. This is sure to be an adventure.

30 Things to Make Before I Turn 30

1. Cornish Hens [Check!]
2. Homemade Salsa [Check!]
5. Cheese Souffle [Check!]
6. Blueberry Pie [Check!]
8. She Crab Soup [Check!]
9. Beef Pot Roast [Check!]
11. Monkey Bread [Check!]
12. Yeast Bread
13. Sweet Potato Soup [Check!]
16. Scones [Check!]
17. Beer battered fish [Check!]
18. Homemade Granola [Check!]
19. Rack of lamb [Check!]
20. Pasties (Recipe from A. Chris)  [Check!]
21. Pioneer Woman's Rosemary Rolls [Check!]
22. Lasanga [Check!]
23. Eggplant Parmesean [Check!]
24. Fettucine Alfredo (Recipe from Mary) [Check!]
25. English Muffins  [Check!]
26. German Potato Salad[Check!]
27. Giada De Laurentiis's Basil Pesto Sauce [Check!]
28. Rib Eye Steak with Pan Jus [Check!]
29. Chicken Braised in Red Wine [Check!]
30. Bean Burgers (Recipe from Margaret) [Check!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails