Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scotch A Roos

I don't know why but I've been really craving rice krispie treats lately. When our neighbors invited us over for dinner this week I decided to make Scotch A Roos for dessert. This recipe comes from my family cook book and is credited to Aunt Viv, my late Grandpa's sister. These dessert bars are super easy, super decadent, and will be a huge hit in your house. I guarantee they won't be around for long.  They are great for large crowds since they fill at 9X13 pan.

Aunt Viv's Scotch A Roos

Ingredients:
6 cups of Rice Krispies (I opted for the cheaper store brand)
10 ounces of marshmallows
3 tablespoons of butter
6 ounces of chocolate chips
6 ounces of butterscotch chips

Directions:
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large pan on low heat. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Pour in rice krispies and combine throughly. Spread evenly in greased 9X13 pan. Meanwhile melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted together. Spread evenly over the top of the rice krispie treats. 


1 comment:

  1. We make something similar at our house with the same name. They always go fast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails