Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crab & Asparagus Supreme


My fabulous Aunt Chris shared this recipe with me once spring rolled around and fresh asparagus was abundant. This is a unique way to use lovely spring asparagus. We are spoiled living so close to the Atlantic because our fish counter sells fresh crab straight out of the ocean, but if you don't have access to fresh crab, you can use imitation crab. I really enjoyed this creamy, filling dish and modified it from the original recipe to use fresh tarragon instead of dried. Anytime I use fresh tarragon I am surprised at how much it changes the flavor of the dish, but always in a good way. I also added in half of a sauteed onion. I liked how it added a crispy, savory layer to this supreme dish.
Thanks Auntie Chris for another yummy recipe!!

Crab & Asparagus Supreme
Ingredients
6 ounces of crab meat
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of half and half
Half an onion, chopped
3 or so leaves of fresh tarragon, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
1 pound fresh asparagus
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cups of rice, cooked
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
Place crab meat into skillet over low heat. Add undiluted soup, half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir, cover, and cook on low heat until heated through. In a separate pan saute onions until slightly browned.
While the mixture is cooking cut asparagus into diagonal slices and cook for 8 minutes in boiling water. Drain. Add to creamed crab mixture with lemon juice and tarragon. Stir in shredded cheese. Once cheese has melted, serve over hot rice. 
I had to show this picture of perfectly laid out rice - my cute husband's contribution to this dish. :)



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails